- ON LINE FORM FILL UP & SUBMISSION AVAILABLE. CLICK ON THE "ADMISSION 2016-17" LINK BELOW ON THE HOME PAGE
- For BUS SCHEDULE- Effective from 25th May, 2016- refer Web Notice Board
- Application forms for 2016-2017 session is available at the college office from May 16 2016.
- REVISED UNIVERSITY EXAM SCHEDULE-2016 - See Below- Web Notice Board
- ADMIT CARD DISTRIBUTION SCHEDULE - UNIVERSITY EXAMINATIONS-2016: Refer the Web Notice below
- NEW PRINCIPAL APPOINTED- Rev. Fr. Kinley Tshering SJ, Provincial of Darjeeling Jesuit Province has appointed Rev. Fr. Dr. Joseph Victor SJ as the new Principal of North Bengal St. Xavier’s College with effect from 8th March 2016.
About The College
North Bengal St. Xavier’s College is a Christian Minority Institution established in 2007 by Darjeeling Jesuits of North Bengal with permanent affiliation to University of North Bengal. The college offers undergraduate courses in Arts, Science, Commerce and Business Administration. It also offers UGC-affiliated career oriented courses. The medium of instruction in the college is English. Students coming from vernacular medium institutions are encouraged to attend Special English Language classes offered by the college... [read more]
Darjeeling Jesuits, members of the Society of Jesus, took the initiative to establish three University Colleges in North Bengal and Sikkim. St. Joseph's College at North Point, Darjeeling, was established in 1927. Loyola College of Education in Namchi, Sikkim, came into existence in 1993, as the Jesuit contribution to the people of Sikkim. North Bengal St. Xavier's College at Rajganj was established in 2007, modeled after the famous St. Xavier's College, Kolkata, which traces its origin to 1860. Here we may also note that the Jesuits were invited by the Royal Government of Bhutan in early 1970s to pioneer modern education in Bhutan, and after helping the Bhutan Government to establish a network of Residential Schools our efforts culminated in the establishment of the very first college of Bhutan - Sherubtse College in Kanglung near Tashiganj. ... [read more]
Recently all the Jesuits involved in the Colleges in Darjeeling Jesuits Province came together to review our efforts to evolve a common Statement of Vision. While reviewing the quality of our educational efforts a consensus emerged that there is a perceptible qualitative difference among most of the graduates of our colleges. Empirically this difference may be seen in the following aspects: their overall excellence in academics, social commitment, leadership qualities, and professional lives; their employability, because our graduates tend to be preferred by the employers; their growth in maturity; and their sense of belonging and loyalty to their alma mater. It was agreed that such qualitative, positive difference is largely because of our efforts to combine academic excellence with various co-curricular activities as an essential part of our system, the culture of our campuses where trust, respect and collaboration are actively fostered at all levels, and the atmosphere of our campuses where close interaction among the administration, staff and students are predominant. [Hide Content]